I personally love all Indian food. The spices, the taste, everything about it. If I had my way, I’d be eating Indian food every single day. Of course, at that point I’d probably get tired of it and write an article about how to avoid Indian food. But for now, I enjoy it. Here is my list of the Top 10 foods that you have to try if you ever go to an Indian Restaurant. The list is in order of my most favorite to my somewhat favorite. Rest assured, all the things on this list are great!
- Chicken Tikka Masala – boneless pieces of chicken, baked in a tandoor oven, after being marinated in spices and yogurt. I usually get this extra extra spicy, and its good enough to clear your nose, throat and eyes. Eat it with rice, and you will have one of the best meals you’ve ever tasted.
- Tandoori Chicken – This is chicken that is roasted and flavored with masala and spices. When I was little, I called it the “red chicken”. It gets its distinctive color from the turmeric that it is cooked with.
- Shrimp Tikka Masala – same as #1 except its shrimp. This one is great for the seafood lovers. You haven’t lived until you’ve tried shrimp baked with yogurt and spices with a little bit of rice. I recommend getting the super spicy version for this one as well.
- Chicken Vindaloo – Curried chicken with potatoes. This one is a mouthwatering treat and is usually reasonably priced at most restaurants. Tastes great, and definitely fills you up.
- Chicken Biryani – This is chicken mixed with fried Basmati Rice. You get the meat and the rice in one meal, and you can adjust the spiciness to your liking. Add some chutney for a tangy taste!
- Beef Curry – Indians curry everything. Beef curry is one of their best ventures. The curry is thick and delicious, and the beef is very often nice and tender. Rice is a definite with this meal.
- Goat Rezala – Goat cooked with an onion based sauce. Sounds delicious, and it is. A sweet and sour treat.
- Lamb Rezala – Same as #7 except with lamb. You’ll enjoy the yogurt, onions and raisin flavor, and you’ll be happy you bought this one.
- Lamb Biryani – Fried rice with lamb. Need I say more?
- Lamb Korma – Lamb stew in a yougrt, nuts and raisin based sauce. It’ll make you wonder how you lived without it for so long!
Make sure you order a beer with your Indian food (I recommend KingFisher), and get ready to enjoy one of the best meals of your life!