These punchy bowls are a exciting, refreshing summer time evening meal! The sweet, zesty peach salsa performs off avocado, grilled halloumi, and aromatic coconut rice.
On Sunday, I wrote all about how Jack and I adore grilling halloumi in the summertime. I assumed I’d observe up that submit with an example of how we like to provide the halloumi after it arrives off the grill: in these delectable bowls!
This recipe is my variety of summer months food – 1 that’s refreshing and flavorful but however plenty gratifying. It starts off with a base of aromatic coconut rice and black beans. Then, I pile on the grilled halloumi, a scoop of peach salsa, and creamy avocado slices. A handful of new mint leaves and drizzles of cilantro lime dressing are the perfect finishing touches!
My large idea for this recipe is to make a couple of the elements in advance of time. I like to prep the salsa and the dressing (and the beans, if I’m cooking them myself) up to a working day in advance. That way, it is super basic to assemble the bowls when we’re ready to try to eat.
I know some of you really like to set your private spin on a recipe. Be sure to, really feel free to make this bowl your very own! Listed here are a number of ideas to get you begun:
- Swap the salsa. The wonderful point about the peach salsa in this recipe is the way its sweetness plays off the fragrant coconut rice and salty halloumi. An additional fruit salsa would produce the very same distinction. Try out replacing the peach salsa with 1 built with mango or pineapple!
- Insert extra crunch. Garnish your bowl with toasted pepitas or fresh new corn kernels to add texture.
- Nix the halloumi. Add crumbled feta to your bowl as an alternative.
- Make it additional savory. Not a big fruit-for-meal man or woman? That’s ok! Change the coconut rice with my cilantro lime rice, and use pico de gallo rather of a fruit salsa. Skip the mint.
- Increase some pop. Top rated your bowl with a several pickled onions or pickled jalapeño slices.
- Amp up the veg. Toss in grilled onions and/or zucchini.
Permit me know what versions you try out!
Far more Fun Summer season Dinners
I hope you enjoy these summery bowls! Give them a try out, and then make 1 of these pleasurable dinners up coming:
Peach Salsa Halloumi Bowls
These tasty bowls are one particular of our most loved summer season dinners! I love the contrast of the sweet, refreshing peach salsa with the creamy avocado and salty halloumi.
Put together the particular person factors according to each recipe joined previously mentioned.
Assemble bowls with the rice, beans, halloumi, and avocado. Leading with scoops of the peach salsa and drizzle with the cilantro lime dressing. Garnish with much more herbs. Period to flavor and serve with lime wedges.