Greek Cuisine is certainly one of the most wanted flavors in the entire world. Mediterranean in foundation, the dishes from Greece, Cyprus and the Islands have truly attracted a lot of foreign visitors and tourists to try it out for themselves, usually leading to much fulfillment in the taste buds and the tummy. Once you’ve tried a few of the tasty dishes, you will surely have to read up a cookbook and discover how you can make them yourself upon returning to your country. There are a lot of recipes to be found, although one has to wonder, “What is it about Greek food that makes it so exceptional?” There are some specified qualities which you will need to look into if you really want to determine what makes individuals go crazy for Greek dishes.
1. The basic ingredients in Greek dishes are usually nourishing. you’ll find a lot of vegetables added to the mix, with fish, legumes and cereals being some of the other main ingredients in traditional recipes.
2. Their food has a whole lot more flavor to it, simply all because the locals use a lot of herbs and spices, including dill, garlic, oregano, onion, bay laurel leaves and mint. a few other choices consist of thyme, basil and persillade, which is also used for garnish on other dishes.
3. The recipes are actually quite easy to make. In truth, many individuals who are in search of a well balanced diet often turn to Mediterranean cuisine, simply all because it is beneficial and delicious at the same time.
4. You won’t be seeing any beef added to the dishes. The truth is, lamb is the staple meat for most Greek dishes. This is due to the fact that the terrain and the climate have made the breeding of sheep and goat more copious than cattle.
5. Greek dishes generally come with a few mezedes, which is translated as appetizers. Each region has their specialty, which makes it a rather diverse bunch that you won’t easily grow weary of. A lot of these appetizers, known as “tapas” in Spain or “antipasto” in Italy, are packed with so much flavor, and are the perfect balance of tradition, health and scrumptiousness.
These are five characteristics of Greek cuisine which sets them worlds apart from anything you’ve ever tried. Thus, if you’re aiming to make a journey to Greece, you will surely be in for a pretty mouthful of savory goodness.